What it does
- Requires school districts that offer sex education to provide medically accurate, age-appropriate information.
- Focuses curriculum on building healthy relationships and helps youth understand consent and boundaries.
- Ensures that material is inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
- Allows parents and guardians to opt their children out from attending offered sexual education classes.
- Comprehensive sex ed that teaches about healthy relationships and consent is key in reducing and preventing sexual assault and harassment and fostering positive health outcomes.
- Including LGBTQ youth in sex ed curriculum reduces isolation and barriers that contribute to LGBTQ youth facing higher risk of sexual violence.
- Cultivating open conversations about sexual health and consent can increase the likelihood of youth survivors reaching out for support.
The Healthy Youth Act Coalition is made up of a wide range of community organizations, all dedicated to the health and well- being of MA youth.
© 2023 Healthy Youth Act Coalition